|Military exercises » Military exercises 2016|
Military exercises 2016
Timeline for military exercises held in Lithuania in 2016
National Exercise Lightning Strike. The exercise involves partial mobilisation and trains the Rapid Response Force of the Lithuanian Armed Forces. Exercise participants: the Rapid Response Force and the Domestic Support Forces of the Lithuanian Armed Forces, institutions and services subordinate to the Ministry of the Interior and the Ministry of Health, and municipalities of Alytus, Kaunas, Klaipėda, Vilnius, and Utena.
National Exercise Hunter. The exercise trains antitank units of the Lithuanian Armed Forces.
International exercise Operation Open Spirit. This is a MCM operation in the territorial waters and exclusive economic zone of Lithuania in the Baltic Sea.
|Nacionalinės pratybos „Stiprus drakonas". Vertinamos Dragūnų bataliono NNPKT kuopos. Treniruojamas Dragūnų bataliono štabas.|
- International Exercise BALTOPS. The tactical drills in the Baltic Sea is organised by the United States Naval Forces Europe (NAVEUR) for the navies of the Baltic States. The exercise trains and enhances interoperability among NATO allies.
• International Exercise BALEX DELTA. The exercise is organised between the HELCOM countries (the 9 countries bordering on the Baltic Sea) on a rotating basis in the Baltic Sea. This year the exercise is arranged by Lithuania in its territorial waters and exclusive economic zone of the Baltic Sea.
International Exercise Saber Strike. The joint exercise of the Baltic allies and the U.S. forces enhances allied interoperability. The exercise is organised by the United States European Command (EUCOM).
National Exercise Iron Wolf. The exercise certificates the Lithuanian Grand Duke Algirdas Mechanised Infantry Battalion for standby for the NATO Very High Readiness Joint Task Force (VJTF).
• International Exercise Baltic Bikini. The exercise trains search and rescue (SAR) capabilities of the three Baltic States.
• Trilateral international Exercise LIT-POL-RU for search and rescue (SAR) efforts in the Baltic Sea. The exercise trains civilian international personnel search and rescue vessels of Lithuania, Poland and Russia and other civilian vessels assigned for the exercise. The annual international exercise tests and enhances readiness of the countries to render combined and coordinated search and rescue efforts at sea.
• National Exercise Flaming Thunder. THE exercise trains artillery and fire support capabilities.
• International Exercise Maple Arc held in Ukraine. The exercise arranged by the Canadian Royal Armed Forces advances cooperation and interaction with armed forces of Canada, Poland and Ukraine.
• National Exercise Iron Sword.
The 4th quarter of the year
• International Exercise Baltic Host. The exercise trains host nation support (HNS) capabilities of the three Baltic States.