Timeline for military exercises held in Lithuania in 2016
National Exercise Lightning Strike. The exercise involves partial mobilisation and trains the Rapid Response Force of the Lithuanian Armed Forces. Exercise participants: the Rapid Response Force and the Domestic Support Forces of the Lithuanian Armed Forces, institutions and services subordinate to the Ministry of the Interior and the Ministry of Health, and municipalities of Alytus, Kaunas, Klaipėda, Vilnius, and Utena.
• National Exercise Hunter. The exercise trains antitank units of the Lithuanian Armed Forces.
• International exercise Operation Open Spirit. This is a MCM operation in the territorial waters and exclusive economic zone of Lithuania in the Baltic Sea.
• International Exercise BALTOPS. The tactical drills in the Baltic Sea is organised by the United States Naval Forces Europe (NAVEUR) for the navies of the Baltic States. The exercise trains and enhances interoperability among NATO allies.
• National Exercise Iron Wolf. The exercise certificates the Lithuanian Grand Duke Algirdas Mechanised Infantry Battalion for standby for the NATO Very High Readiness Joint Task Force (VJTF).
• International Exercise Saber Strike. The joint exercise of the Baltic allies and the U.S. forces enhances allied interoperability. The exercise is organised by the United States European Command (EUCOM).
• International Exercise BALEX DELTA. The exercise is organised between the HELCOM countries (the 9 countries bordering on the Baltic Sea) on a rotating basis in the Baltic Sea. This year the exercise is arranged by Lithuania in its territorial waters and exclusive economic zone of the Baltic Sea.
• International Exercise Baltic Bikini. The exercise trains search and rescue (SAR) capabilities of the three Baltic States.
• Trilateral international Exercise LIT-POL-RU for search and rescue (SAR) efforts in the Baltic Sea. The exercise trains civilian international personnel search and rescue vessels of Lithuania, Poland and Russia and other civilian vessels assigned for the exercise. The annual international exercise tests and enhances readiness of the countries to render combined and coordinated search and rescue efforts at sea.
• National Exercise Flaming Thunder. THE exercise trains artillery and fire support capabilities.
• International Exercise Maple Arc held in Ukraine. The exercise arranged by the Canadian Royal Armed Forces advances cooperation and interaction with armed forces of Canada, Poland and Ukraine.
• National Exercise Iron Sword.
The 4th quarter of the year
• International Exercise Baltic Host. The exercise trains host nation support (HNS) capabilities of the three Baltic States.
Timeline of exercises held in Lithuania in December
Exercise Fierce Wolf 2015, December 7-11
Roughly 650 soldiers of the 1st Battalion Group of the Rapid Response Force of the Lithuanian Armed Forces are training to counter military threats in the territory of the home country at an exercise running on December 7-11 in the town and surrounding area of Ukmergė. Exercise Fierce Wolf 2015 is organised and the core of the1st Battalion Group of the Rapid Response Force was formed by the Lithuanian Grand Duke Algirdas Mechanised Infantry Battalion.
Timeline of exercises held in Lithuania in November
Five national to international exercises have begun in Lithuania in November and run for nearly a month. In total, the exercises will train roughly 2800 military and civilian personnel from 11 countries (the Czech Republic, Canada, Georgia, Germany, Hungary, Latvia, Lithuania, Poland United Kingdom, United States and Ukraine) and the Allied Rapid Reaction Corps (ARRC). Two of the five exercises are also conducted in other twoBaltic states.
|Iron Sword 2015 (November 9-20) |
The largest national collective defence field training exercise this year, Exercise Iron Sword 2015, trains roughly 2100 participants, including 800 soldiers from NATO countries. The Exercise organised by the Lithuanian Land Force will train and evaluate interaction, coordination of actions and readiness to carry out defensive and offensive operations of combined units formed by NATO Allies.
Maple Arch 2015 (November 9-20)
Arrcade Fusion 2015 (November 9-20)
Baltic Host 2015 (November 9-20)
Confidence 2015 (November 9-20)
Compact Eagle 2015 (November 15-27)
Roughly 50 soldiers of the Lithuanian Armed Forces will train in Exercise Compact Eagle 2015, corps-level command post exercise (CPX) in Poland.
November 25: in Utena;
November 27: in Pasvalys.
- November 13 - Distinguished Visitors and Media Day of Exercise Baltic Host 2015 in Vilnius
- November 17 - Distinguished Visitors and Media Day of Exercise Arrcade Fusion 2015 in Lielvarde (Latvia)
- November 20 - Distinguished Visitors and Media Day of Exercise Maple Arch 2015 at Adolfas Ramanauskas Warfare Training Centre in Nemenčinė. Closing ceremonies of Exercise Iron Sword 2015 and Exercise Maple Arch 2015 will follow at Silvestras Žukauskas Training Area in Pabradė.