Lithuanian Armed Forces
Go to starting pageSitemap Lietuviškai For the disabled

 

 

Chapel of the Killed for Lithuania’s Freedom

2011-06-05

The chapel (designed by M. Dobužinskis) was opened on 23 November 1938. The walls and ceiling of the chapel were covered in black marble. White marble plates on the walls bear gold-colored inscriptions of the names and death dates of the officers, soldiers, riflemen and partisans killed for the freedom and independence of Lithuania. During the soviet occupation the chapel was closed, it was restored and reopened on 23 Novembers 1998.

Comment
Ministry of National Defense Republic of Lithuania has a right to delete inappropriate comments.
Name
email
Comment text
Security code secimg

 
 
 
 

 
 
 

 

 
Sprendimas: Fresh Media