|Structure » National Defence Volunteer Forces » Tasks and functions|
Tasks and functions
National Defence Volunteer Force (hereinafter referred to as "NDVF") GOAL is-
To develop volunteer soldiers for military security and defense of the Lithuania's land area
Main tasks of the NDVF are:
1. to prepare volunteers and other members of active reserve troops for military security and defense of Lithuania's land area, and host nation support of the Allied Armed Forces supply;
2. to maintain combat readiness in NDVF;
3. to qualify for international operations and participate in them;
4. to provide assistance to state's and local authorities;
5. to implement administration of conscription;
6. to ensure the recruitment of the Lithuanian Armed Forces and other institutions of National Defense.
By implementing the first task NVDF perform these functions:
1. contribute to shaping the plans of state's military defense;
2. allocate the tasks to NDVF units for ensure the military defense plans,
3. organize the NDVF units' development of nation defense tasks, and host nation support to the armed forces of allied services.
By implementing the second task NVDF perform these functions:
1. prepare NDVF training plans;
2. provide mandatory requirements for NDVF combat training;
3. organize the combat training for volunteers and other members of active reserve;
4. organize the joint forces headquarters and selected exercises and training as well, including exercises and training abroad;
5. collaborate with Lithuanian National Defence agencies and military units, in the combat training of volunteers and other members of active reserve and other issues;
6. cooperate with the volunteers employers and employer associated organizations;
7. Implement plans of NDVF international cooperation and cooperate with similar organizations in other countries.
By implementing the third task NVDF perform these functions:
1. prepare volunteers and units formed from them to participate in international operations;
2. supplement prepared soldiers to the other Lithuanian Armed Forces military units sent to take part in international operations.
By implementing the fourth task NVDF perform these functions:
1. contribute to development of peacetime tasks' (hereinafter referred to as PT) plans;
2. allocate the tasks to NDVF units to ensure the implementation of the PT;
3. organize and (or) co-ordinate NDVF units and measures of PT performance.
By implementing the fifth task NVDF perform these functions:
1. manage database of conscripts reserve records;
2. according to the military needs provide conscripts appointments in war-time;
3. perform the compulsory recruitment into the military and alternative service;
4. perform military conscription for military training and exercises;
5. organize medical inspection of selected individuals, determine their fitness for military service;
6. appoint fit selected persons to the military service and send them to their service place;
7. manage databases and records of the active and mobilization reserves of the Army;
8. prepare and issue certificates for the Department of National Social Insurance Fund to the Ministry of Social Security and Work for receiving the National pension of injured persons to persons who fought in the active Armies of Anti-Hitlerian coalition countries during the 2nd World War, in the guerrilla platoons or units and to persons who became disabled during their duty in Soviet Army form 22nd of July 1945 to 31st of December 1991 or who were recognized as disabled because of diseases which are related to the military service;
9. prepare and issue certificates for the Department of National Social Insurance Fund to the Ministry of Social Security and Work about compulsory military duty in USSR armed forces of citizens of the Republic of Lithuania for the National social insurance pension;
10. draw up protocols of the administrative law infringements, research administrative cases and penalize in terms of treatment;
By implementing the sixth task NVDF perform these functions:
1. conduct search and attraction of candidates to the professional military service and service in the active reserve;
2. organize fitness assessment of candidates to the professional military service for the active service;
3. organize admission of candidates to the professional military service and service in the active reserve according to the plan of conscription;
4. arrange seminars, discussions and educative campaigns with the purpose to cultivate patriotic consciousness of the young people and to engage them in the military service;
5. research requests, complaints and proposals of candidates to the professional military service and conscripts, which are related to the National service, screening and admission to professional military service and active reserve, as well as to call-up in terms of institutional requirements.