|Structure » National Defence Volunteer Forces » Tasks and functions|
Tasks and functions
National Defence Volunteer Force (hereinafter referred to as "NDVF") GOAL is-
To develop volunteer soldiers for military security and defense of the Lithuania's land area
Main tasks of the NDVF are:
1. to prepare volunteers and other members of active reserve troops for military security and defense of Lithuania's land area, and host nation support of the Allied Armed Forces supply;
2. to maintain combat readiness in NDVF;
3. to qualify for international operations and participate in them;
4. to provide assistance to state's and local authorities;
5. take part in recruitment of active reserve.
By implementing the first task NVDF perform these functions:
1. plans, organizes and executes running of regional operational command;
2. contribute to shaping the plans of state's military defense;
3. allocate the tasks to NDVF units for ensure the military defense plans;
4. organize the NDVF units' development of nation defense tasks, and host nation support to the armed forces of allied services.
By implementing the second task NVDF perform these functions:
1. prepare NDVF activities and combat training plans;
2. provide mandatory requirements for NDVF combat training;
3. organize the combat training for volunteers and other members of active reserve;
4. organize the joint forces headquarters and selected exercises and training as well, including exercises and training abroad;
By implementing the third task NVDF perform these functions:
1. prepare volunteers and units formed from them to participate in international operations;
2. supplement prepared soldiers to the other Lithuanian Armed Forces military units sent to take part in international operations.
By implementing the fourth task NVDF perform these functions:
1. contribute to development of peacetime tasks' (hereinafter referred to as PT) plans;
2. allocate the tasks to NDVF units to ensure the implementation of the PT;
3. organize and (or) co-ordinate NDVF units for PT performance;
4. assigns volunteers and (or) units and measures for PT performance.
By implementing the fifth task NVDF perform these functions:
1. conduct search and attraction of candidates to the service in the active reserve;
2. dismisses volunteers from service in NDVF;
3. arrange seminars, discussions and educative campaigns with the purpose to cultivate patriotic consciousness of the young people and to engage them in the military service;
4. represents Lithuanian Armed Forces in society. Strengthens military-society relations, performs patriotic military education of youth, builds relationship with local communities. Takes part in public life, feasts and events;
5. cooperate with the volunteers employers and employer associated organizations.
NDVF also can perform other with NDVF activities related functions prescribed by law.